For some reason, I got home from teaching today and I felt like dressing up and having an afternoon party. I don’t know if it’s the warm weather, my excitement over my party clothes shipment from Asos.com or the fact that I am looking forward to baking 30 lemon cupcakes for the weekend. Something says it is time to entertain. In my fantasy entertaining world, if I was to dream up my afternoon party I would make sure to fill my table and home with the following items.
1. Flowers from Saipua in Brooklyn. I like how the fuscia stands out from the pack.
2. Invitations, hand done by Plurabelle Calligraphy. I like the look of the calligraphy on the chalk boards below.
3. This ombre cake by Apt2B Baking Co. first because I love ombre, second because the cake is almond, another fav.
4. Chocolate pumps for my guests from Jordino in Amsterdam. I swear these things call out to you when you walk by the window. I want to crunch on a chocolate shoe with sprinkles.
5. Finally, a fun mix of colourful and interesting table top items to accessorise the food and drink. Yes, I threw in two bright clutches, not as a table top accessory but more as a thought of what my guests would be holding to brighten up their outfits.